Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I want to turn on the Virtualization Technology

I tired F10 and esc multiple times right after I turn on the PC.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Booting into UEFI settings can be tricky on a modern PC because they are so fast.

If you press the key once, that usually will not work.  If you hold it down, that generally will not work.  If you press is repeatedly, very rapidly, and keep doing that -- that generally will not work.

What I have found DOES work is the following:

1. Press the key rapidly five times as in  1-2-3-4-5 -- as fast a you can say this

2. Wait a second and do not press anything

3. Repeat steps 1. and 2.

4. Eventually to UEFI Settings screen will appear.

Since my PC displays some text on the screen when it starts, and i have a lighted keyboard, I notice the keyboard does not light up right away.  So, to reduce the keystrokes needed, I wait until the keys light up and then start pressing the key.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.