Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Touchsmart 310 PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP touchsmart 310 All in one PC

when I shut it down and turn it on it goes to the blue windows screen then it says ..Preparing Automatic 

Repair..then the screen goes black and nothing for2 days. Can someone please help ,

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Peace56,

Were there any recent windows update on the PC?

Please share the product number of the PC to assist you better.

Try restoring the BIOS to defaults and check if it helps.

Turn on your PC keep tapping the F10 key, you will boot into BIOS.

From the main or file menu select restore defaults.

Select F10 to save changes and exit.

Try the steps recommended below.

If you see "your PC did not start correctly", you can go into Boot Options menu and use Command Prompt to get out of automatic repair loop.

Turn on the PC keep tapping the F11 key to boot into the recovery manager.

Step 1 Click Advanced Options; Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Command Prompt; 

Step 2 Enter the following lines and press Enter after each line to run it:bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd bootrec.exe /fixmbr bootrec.exe /fixboot. Then restart the PC.

If the bootrec.exe command doesn't fix the automatic repair loop, some suggest that you should run chkdsk commands as well.

Also, try performing a system reset on the PC and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know more information about performing a system reset. Click Here

Lastly, try running a system diagnostics test on the PC and check if the hardware components on the PC are functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC. Click Here

Let me know if this works!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good morning..I want to say thank you for your help..my product # is ..310-1124f.. I bought it I believe in 2011. I tried the options you sent but my screen doesn’t exactly list things that you mentioned... it’s a all-in - one Touchsmart 310-1124-f . I got it to the screen but couldn’t find a biosis reset. I tried some of the other options listed but it still did the same thing. When I started it up it went to the screen for windows and had the Preparing automatic repair... than it either went to a blank screen or to choose your keyboard layout and wouldn’t let me choose anything. It’s locked in the US layout and the mouse won’t work on that page and nither will my touchscreen.. is there a way to get the automatic repair off it’s like it is stuck there.. an d won’t release. I left it there running for 2 days and fight back to the same thing. Hope you can help..thanks for all you sent..

Peace56

HP Recommended

@Peace56,

Thanks for the update.

It sounds like some of the operating system files on the PC has got corrupted due to which you have issues booting into the PC.

Please try performing a system reset using the recovery kit.

If you don't have a set of recovery kit, please contact HP support and order a set of recovery kit.

Refer this article to know more information about performing a system recovery. Click Here

Also, contact HP support using this link. Click Here

Have a blessed day ahead!

Take care! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.