Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 8000 Elite
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
My HP Compaq 8000 Elite will not turn on instead a red led blinks 4 times I found that someone said it meant power supply failure but what does that mean and how do I fix it.

Ps: I forgot to mention that my house got hit with lightning and this started happening after that.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello

Please refer to the HP Post Error Message guide found at this link.

Scroll down to front panel codes.

Four LED blinks could mean power supply adapter has failed. It is also possible the surge from lightning has daamaged the power supply.

If you are good to work in case then order adapter and/or power supply replacement from HP. I really think power supply is fried.

Or contact HP for service if you are in warranty.  There are three different model for this PC (Ultra Slim, SFF, and Convertible). Which one is yours? The HP support site for SFF can be seen here.

Grzy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.