Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

My brand new HP all-in-one computer is not turning on. When I try to reboot it (by holding down the power button), I get the bitlock recovery screen. Unfortunately my keyboard is not connecting so I cannot put the recovery key in. 

How do I put the recovery key in without the keyboard? 

I desperately need to log onto my computer. 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Basically, you can't -- as you have to type in the key.

You would need to connect an external keyboard to do this entry, and if that works, you should not need to use it anymore and can disconnect it.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.