Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop PC TP01-3000i (4M0K0AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Bought yesterday.  PC goes into sleep mode as it should.  The power light is blinking, as it should.  I return after some time (an hour or so) and I see the power light is on solid.  I try to wake the pc with mouse to no avail.  I try with the keyboard also to no avail.  I try the physical power switch, it also does nothing.  I have to push and hold the power button for ten or so seconds until the power light goes off.  I can then press the power button again and it comes on.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Please advise if this problem should be posted elsewhere.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Newer Windows PCs use a hybrid sleep mode which is not reliable -- as you have found out the hard way.

I kept having this problem ALL THE TIME with my previous desktop because it took so long to boot into a working desktop, that I let it turn itself off and sleep.

Then I built a new one last year, and with an NVMe drive, it boots up completely inside of 5 seconds -- so I quit using sleep and hibernate.

I wish there was a simple solution (other than the one I found) but there is not -- you either live with the longer boot time, or you live with the unreliable sleep issue.  If this were mine, I would go into the Power settings and disable sleep.  The longer wait is frustrating, true, but at least you won't have the wake-up issues.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my concern.  If there is anyone else having the same problem, I would welcome the input.  If this is such a wide-spread issue, I am surprised Microsoft hasn't addressed the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.