Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Model no 23-q105a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new Pavilion all-in-one. Product No N4051AA#ABG, Model No 23-q105a. About a week ago it emitted a couple of strange 'beeps' which stopped on turning it on & off and PC seemed to work fine. Now it won't power up. The screen remains black. Have gone through your on-line tips n tricks. The light on the power adapter is on and the small light at the back of the computer where it plugs in is also on. However when we press the 'on' button at the front NOTHING happens. The small light in the bottom r corner does NOT light up, and there is NO sound. We have tried to reset the computer by following the instructions & co but to no effect. We can't even get to the BIOS and PROS ?? thingy phase.

Does this mean we might have a hardware problem??? Please help!

The only other thing i can think of is that we did leave it attached to our printer after we turned it off and then on again. I read somewhere that sometimes this can cause problems as the computer thinks it has to boot up the printer as well??? But have done this before and there were no problems........

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (the sound of a mum trying to work at home screaming in frustration).

Thanks in advance for people's help.

JennyM

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@JennyM57 Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 

As I understand the Pavilion all-in-one won't turn on,

Don't worry, please perform the below steps to resolve the issue:

If the computer does not start, the LED lights do not glow, and the display is black, you can perform one or more of the following actions to resolve the no power issue: 

1. Examine the adapter and power cord for physical damage

2. Test the power from the AC wall outlet to the notebook connector

3. Start computer using the battery only

4. Check that the lid switch moves freely

5. When you have completed the troubleshooting steps covered in this document, there should be power available to the computer. When you press the power button, the LEDs should glow, and you should hear the sounds of the fan and the hard drive spinning.

* If the battery does not accept the charge or the notebook does not turn on without the AC adapter, contact HP to order a replacement battery.

* If the LEDs do not glow, and there are no other indicators of power being available to the computer, contact HP for technical assistance in troubleshooting a potential problem with the AC power connection or the system board.

* If the LEDs blink or the computer beeps, but it does not start, go to HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot.

* If the LEDs glow but the computer does not start on either battery or AC power, go to Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot.

Eager to help, I hope you have a good day ahead, And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi SandyTachy20,

Many thanks for your warm welcome. Just to make it clear, the computer is a desktop and HAD been working perfectly fine for the first two or 3 weeks we had it. THEN there was a 'bleeping' epsiode, but the computer seemed to recover from about a week ago, THEN we started having toruble turning the computer ON.

I have followed your suggestions. There is NO visible damage to the adapter or powercord. The computer does NOT start usin g the battery only, I think the power is getting through to the desktop, as the small LED light at the BACK of the computer lights up. However there is NO sound of fans, no signs of any attempt to 'boot up' and the screen remains black. The LED light on the bottom right hand corner at the FRONT of the computer does NOT light up.

I do not know what the 'lid switch' is - again this is an all-in-one desktop computer, not a notebook or whatever.

Does it sound like a system board issue????

Thanks for your help - much appreciated. Any other thoughts or advice more than welcome!

Cheers,

JennyM57

HP Recommended

@JennyM57

Thank you for the update,

As I understand there is a light on the back where the power plug connects-that confirms power is being supplied,

No light on the power button shows that the power button is either not responding or there isn't enough power,

I suggest we start with a power drain or a hard reset (To release any excessive static on the computer)

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove all USB devices and media cards.

3. Disconnect the AC power adapter.

4. Press and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds.

5. Reconnect the AC power adapter.

6. Turn on the computer.

If the blank screen issue is resolved, you are done.

If the screen is still blank, continue with the next step to listen for computer beeps and look at the lights.

If the computer turns on after the above steps are completed but have a blank screen with fans running: Click here for further assistance,

If the above steps didn't make any difference, you're right it does look like a motherboard failure and you will need to contact HP for a hardware service.

Keep me posted, 
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi all,

Thanks so much for your help.

Unfortunately, your on-line help section is so good that yes, i have tried everything you suggested - the pc STILL won't boot up - even after a reset. I'll take up your suggestion and call HP about it.

Thanks once again for all your efforts.

Cheers,

JennyM

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.