Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Prodesk 600 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, working on a Prodesk 600 G2.  Computer powered down as usual.  Next attempt to boot and the following;

Depressing the power button illuminates the while LED for the duration of the press. Once released the light turns off and nothing happens. 

There are no error codes or blinks. 

As a SFF, there is no green light on the PSU, but jumping it turns it on and it seems to measure out according to the pinout.  Plugging in the power cord results in the green motherboard light illuminating.  I have tried resetting the CMOS and also draining the caps, to no avail.  I have nothing plugged in except for the PSU/Mobo, am down to 1 stick of ram, and i have also tried jumping across the pins for the power switch in order to eliminate that as a possibility. 
Anyone have any fresh ideas?  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Did you try one stick of RAM in each slot. Then repeat with each stick installed at the factory. Try different, known good, stick of RAM in each slot.

PSU, MB, or CPU are remaining options at this point. Removing other components has not solved the problem.

Regards

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

I would disconnect front I/O. Disconnect storage devices. Reduce the PC to a minimum configuration.

The PSU could be failing, not enough amps to power on.

The system board or the CPU (unusual but it happens) is in trouble.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you for taking the time to respond.  I have everything disconnected at this point.  The only thing plugged in to the MOBO are the three connectors coming from the PSU.  I have also reduced down to one stick of RAM.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Did you try one stick of RAM in each slot. Then repeat with each stick installed at the factory. Try different, known good, stick of RAM in each slot.

PSU, MB, or CPU are remaining options at this point. Removing other components has not solved the problem.

Regards

HP Recommended

Yup I tried that.  I tested the PSU and I'm pretty sure it's fine.  I ordered a MOBO and PSU on ebay and will report back.  Thanks for the help.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

HP Recommended

Will do, parts due in next week.

HP Recommended

Turned out to be the motherboard, not sure what got fried or how, but replaced it and I'm back up and running.  Taking the opportunity to upgrade the PSU and ram at the same time. Thanks for the help.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.