Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
e9000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a seven or eight year old HP desktop with a Pegatron IPMTB-TK (Truckee) motherboard. Something happened to it about a month ago, perhaps a short. I replaced the PSU and the original motherboard with the same version (594415-001). This motherboard does not have an onboard video port so I have to use a video card. 

It powers up but there is no video output with the original video card (ATI HD 4850). Per pictures from the seller of the replacement motherboard, it worked for him with the motherboard's original card (ATI HD 7570). Does anyone have any experience with this motherboard issue? 

I have not used a motherboard speaker yet. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

(1)  As graphics cards have power requirements, does your replacement PSU operate with 450W?  I will recommend 500W minimally.  Underpowered PSUs may not be able to power your ATI HD 4850c graphincs card.

(2)  Was your ATI 4850 HD graphics card working well pior?  Have you attempted with an alternative graphics card like an Nvidia?

(3)  Have you tried to clear the CMOS settings that the seller may have set prior to your ownership of the motherboard?  You may wish to remove the CMOS battery for 10 seconds and remount it. 

(4)  I am assuming that the replacement motherboard is not brand new.  You may wish to replace the CMOS battery with a new one.

* If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks

* Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem

* Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

I am an HP employee. Superbaby is always here to help.
HP Recommended

Thanks for replying.

Yes, the PSU is 750W.

I tested with two cards:  The 4850 and an Nvidia GTX 960.

I did reset the CMOS settings by removing the battery and I installed a new battery.

The RAM and CPU were delivered installed with the replacement motherboard. 

I've read about this motherboard being flaky and that it had been replaced by HP. I can't even find some kind of guide or manual besides an HP web page.

Unless there's something I don't know about this motherboard I suppose my only option would be to possibly purchase the video card from the seller and see what happens. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.