Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 700-059C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I experienced this problem (See subject line) a few weeks ago and I was able to restore my computer to a previous state where, for all I could tell, everything was working perfectly. Since then I have never shut down the computer. When I leave the computer I would put it in sleep mode. Yesterday I tried to Restart the computer and since then I have been in a continous loop of desperation. No matter what I do I am unable to boot to windows or bring up the bios. Please help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I was able to create a USB repair flash drive with which i was able to reset the computer and I am now restoring it to the state it was in before the "System Thread Exception Not Handled" message showed up. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I was able to create a USB repair flash drive with which i was able to reset the computer and I am now restoring it to the state it was in before the "System Thread Exception Not Handled" message showed up. 

HP Recommended
Hi there I'm having the same issue. Any way you can help me resolve it? How'd you create a USB repair flash drive? I have a HP envy touchsmart 15 laptop with no CD Drive.

Thanks in advance,
James
HP Recommended

Thiis is the video I used to create the USB recovery drive  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UzphLuk5II) Just make sure you watch the video several times and make some notes while you are at it. Using the recovery drive will delete all your  personal files, so make sure you back them up on a separate drive. You will also have to reinstall all of your software so make sure you have a plan that allows you to do that. Also the video will tell you that you will need an 8GB or larger flash drive, in my case it required a 16GB flash drive. I considered this a last resort to solve my problem because it will be up to you to restore your computer to it's previous state. I hope this helps.

Ed J.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.