Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion22xi
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to switch off monitor. CODE      Power Button Lockout.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @Bellboy1, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you are unable to switch off your monitor and you are getting error CODE Power Button Lockout.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes to your monitor?

Have you tried checking with a different power cable?

Have you tried unplugging the monitor from your PC and check if the monitor turns off?

However, try few steps recommended below and let me know if this helps.

Power Button Lockout— Indicates the power button is locked. If the power button is locked, the warning message Power Button Lockout displays.

◦ If the power button is locked, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to unlock the power button function.

◦ If the power button is unlocked, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to lock out the power button function.

Let me know if this works!

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @Bellboy1, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you are unable to switch off your monitor and you are getting error CODE Power Button Lockout.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes to your monitor?

Have you tried checking with a different power cable?

Have you tried unplugging the monitor from your PC and check if the monitor turns off?

However, try few steps recommended below and let me know if this helps.

Power Button Lockout— Indicates the power button is locked. If the power button is locked, the warning message Power Button Lockout displays.

◦ If the power button is locked, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to unlock the power button function.

◦ If the power button is unlocked, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to lock out the power button function.

Let me know if this works!

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your very helpful reply.

I am a 83 year old retired avionics engineer fromBMI. I fly three monitor flight simulator Prepare 3D with one of your 

Pavillion. 22i for aircraft instruments. During doing some alterations to my setup I must of pushed in the Off Switch

and found the error., which with Your Help. I will return to flying BMI old Fokker Friendship.

Thanks Again. Kenneth Bell.

HP Recommended

Hi @Bellboy1, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @A4Apollo, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply and glad that the issue is resolved. Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.