Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 65W G2 Base Model Desktop Mini PC

Here is my original post:

When I enable Intel Trusted Execution Technology (TXT) in th... - HP Support Community - 8719497

The solution:

In the BIOS, I had to disable "Native OS Firmware Update Service" under Main --> Update System BIOS.

This had to be done because Windows always updated the BIOS through Windows Update to N21 Ver. 02.62

That new version and N21 Ver. 02. 61 also causes this issue.

So the solution is I had to rollback to N21 Ver. 02.60

I used the "-> Check HP.com for BIOS Updates" under this menu. When the Network BIOS Update page came up, I selected to rollback one-by-one to 02.60. Each time I tried to enable Intel TXT on its corresponding page, it could successfully boot to Windows on 02.60 with Intel TXT enabled. 

It needs further investigation what will happen if I enable "Native OS Firmware Update Service" and let Windows do the update through Windows Update, or if I manually update the BIOS. 

Also I  have to check what are the updates and improvements in those two updates, to know what am I missing now on 02.60

I'll report back if I did that experiment.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.