Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Model 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello hp community,

so when ever I try going on my laptop hp notebook

Model 15

it shows automatic repair and the thing is I can’t get it off as you see from the following picture:5F9ADC9C-5135-4DD9-8F47-2BAB38822A8C.jpeg

It shows 

log file: D:/Recovery/WindowsRE/Winre.wim/System32/Logfiles/Srt/Srttrail.txt

it isn’t working whenever I try to fix it , IT NEVR works

i tired going to near by hp store they said I should contact hp support on my device so I could get assistance beucase they didn’t seem to know how to fiX this 

ao I would like for assistance if you find a solution 

please contact me 

This started when I was working on my laptop it randomly died at 75% I didn’t worry I charged it then after when I opened it then it shows this auto repair screen I asked for the I.T at the business I own they said they tried everything but just in case they saved my files on a drive I started using an iPad now I wanna see if I can get this laptop to start working but yet it didn’t work still so I got upset I left it for 4 weeks then I came back,YET it still didn’t work so I decided to come and contact hp support community for assistance if anyone is able to assist me.

Thank you,

kind regards.

😓😓😓

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

OK, you have access to the Recovery Partition and in the advanced options you can start the command prompt

Type (step by step) each process step takes several minutes

chkdsk f: /f

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow

HP Recommended

Hello sorry but these didn’t work only one command workedimage.jpg

HP Recommended

Do you have access to the safe mode2-enable-safe-mode-windows.png

If yes, repeat the commands

HP Recommended

Sorry no I do have it but it doesn’t work it won’t show the apps

HP Recommended

Sorry, but your wording is not clear.

If you have access to the safe mode you could try to delete the last windows update etc.

HP Recommended

if you don’t understand fit doesn’t allow me to do anything for example I press it then I try going to cmd prompt it won’t do anything it just glitches then goes back where I started  and the problem if I delete anything if I could I would lose all data saved on my laptop becuase non of the files moved to the disk drive (and yes I tried using the drive also didn’t work so I don’t know what to do with he laptop

HP Recommended

X:\windows\system32>notepad

click File open and navigate to the folders you want to safe. Copy the files to an external drive

When finished a new installation is needed

HP Recommended

No the problem is I need to disable srtttrail.txt witch won’t get off

HP Recommended

You can't disable logfiles being written. But srtttrail.txt files do not contain helpful infos.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.