Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have HP desktop and facing hanging problem but as my friend have HP laptop its work too smooth as compare and can handle much larger data without showing any lack

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The basic answer lies in the hardware in each and the features they support.

If by "better" you men have greater performance, then Laptops are not "better" than desktops -- given the same hardware and OS versions. 

But in terms of other things, except for portability, Laptops are not "better".

Newer laptops tend to overheat much more than desktops even to the point of burning folkks.

Newer ones are not upgradeable.  So if you make the mistake of buying one with a small SSD  and decide you want a bigger one, you are out of luck as doing any hardware replacement requires prying the laptop open, probably trashing it in the process. But with a desktop, you just open the case and all of the hardware is easy to access and just as easy to upgrade.

Newer laptops are fragile -- we get posts here all the time about screens just cracking when folks have closed the laptop a bit too hard.

And yeah I know, EVERYONE loves laptops -- but I used a custom built desktop every day and would never trade it for a laptop, not even a top-end multi thousand dollar one.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hello! In many cases, laptops out-perform desktops, when comparing a high-end laptop to a lower end desktop. An example, the OMEN Gaming Laptop 16t-wf000 that costs only $799.99 can out-perform my HP Pavilion TP01-2165z in terms of CPU and GPU power, and even RAM. A lot of the time laptops do have less storage, though. I hope this helps, have a great day! Bye! 😃

HP Recommended

Comparing higher-end to lower-end is hardly a fair comparison.

What would be more useful is seeing a comparison of a desktop and a laptop with the same hardware and OS version.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.