Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp compaq 8000 elite

i got an HP Compaq 8000 elite. it works fine with the regular onboard vgacard. I would like to add a 

ATI RADEON HD4650 1GB PCI-E X16, but i dont get any view. I just hear 1 beep. Got several of these cards and none of them work(they do work in a different pc, different brand).
Anyone who can help me with this?thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Which version of the HP Compaq 8000 elite do you have?

When you remove the video card can you boot into a Windows login screen?

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Which version of the HP Compaq 8000 elite do you have?

When you remove the video card can you boot into a Windows login screen?

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
Problem found.the card got damaged during testing . A different card works fine.

Also, stupid me, the monitor is a vga/dvi screen and its settings wherent set to automatic. It was set to vga.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.