Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 15 Convertible PC 15-eu1000 (4V9Q2AV)

it is showing press y-reset whole tpm

press n- booth with current tpm data 

nd i thought with the 1st one maybe i will loose all my data thats why i used the 2nd one press n

nd then they asked for bit locker recovery key nd i had my microsoft account nd so it was easy to find that nd i could get back into my laptop  

but the main problem now is i can't turn it off every time i shut down it turns back on i tried pressing the power button nd turning it off it did turn off but when i try turning it back on it was showing the same thing the issue with tdm nd i did all of that again nd its not turning off i don't wanna lose my data what should i do

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @MANJOTkaur 

Welcome to the HP Forum.

Using BitLocker mixed with a TPM problem is a very bad scenario. The BitLocker key is stored in the TPM. 

You will lose access to your data if the TPM gets corrupted and the TPM no longer recognizes the BitLocker Recovery key.

I would disable Device Encryption (BitLocker) in Control Panel if you can get into Windows. Confirm BitLocker is off by restarting the PC to see if you can get into Windows without providing a BitLocker key.

I would not use BitLocker unless you need it.

Back up data to external media ASAP if you can get into Windows.

I've been using Win Pro versions since the Windows NT days and never use BitLocker on Desktop PCs. You may need BitLocker on your mobile PC.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.