Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP W2072a 20-inch Diagonal LED Backlit LCD Monitor
Microsoft Windows 11

old hp monitor hpw 2072a 20 inch.  problem monitor awkens by itself, than nonresponsive  unplug and replug  monitor than computer and monitor go on  new computer, never occurred with old one 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Sorry no one has responded -- but there really is not much you can do, if anything, about this.

A Monitor is a "dumb" device, meaning, it is just hardware, period. It does not even use drivers -- those are used by your video chip to create the signals to be sent to the monitor over the video cable.

Folks don't even do repairs to old monitors because the cost to repair them is generally a LOT more than simply replacing them.  I had an old Dell monitor that started to go out.  I got an estimate of $500 to fix it. For less than half of that, I got a new Samsung LCD flat panel, with brighter screen and higher resolution.  The Dell went to the recycle center.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.