Question

Tutor
djodea
Message 1 of 7 (6,811 Views)
Accepted Solution

CD Rom not working

I have a Pavilion A210E, with Windows XP.

My CD E Drive will not connect with the PC. I insert a disc and the green light blinks like it is going to work but it won't open the data on the CD file.

Under Device Manager I have the DVD/CD - ROM drives, under that I have the CyberDrv CW088D CD-R/RW

and the CyberDrv has a yellow symbol in front of it with an i in it.

I bought an external CD Rom to use with a USB port but when I install it, it also comes up under the DVD/CD - ROM drives with it's drive code and the yellow symbol in front of it and it will not work either.  

Thanks
Dennis

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 7 (6,807 Views)

Re: CD Rom not working

Hi,
Welcome to the HP Forum! :smileyhappy:

djodea wrote:

I have a Pavilion A210E, with Windows XP.

My CD E Drive will not connect with the PC. I insert a disc and the green light blinks like it is going to work but it won't open the data on the CD file.

Under Device Manager I have the DVD/CD - ROM drives, under that I have the CyberDrv CW088D CD-R/RW

and the CyberDrv has a yellow symbol in front of it with an i in it.

I bought an external CD Rom to use with a USB port but when I install it, it also comes up under the DVD/CD - ROM drives with it's drive code and the yellow symbol in front of it and it will not work either.  

Thanks
Dennis

It sounds like you have operating system problems as Windows is not providing base drivers for normal devices.

Which service pack is installed?

Go to a command prompt and type sfc /scannow.  Let the system file checker inspect and replace all system file it deems to be corrupt or otherwise damaged.

Did your USB CD drive not come with a driver disc?

Kind regards,

erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
djodea
Message 3 of 7 (6,799 Views)

I got it fixed - was a problem with the CD ROM registry, needed to adjust the filters.....

Student
glendathomas
Message 4 of 7 (6,318 Views)

I have a HP Pavillion 503n.  My cd rom does not work.  When I insert a cd the green light will flash for a minute, but none of the files will open.  Can you please help.

Student
Roclivig
Message 5 of 7 (5,019 Views)

I have a hp dv9000,everytime i put a cd in the rom it sounds like its running for about a min.and nothing shows on the screen and then it just stops.Not sure what to do

Student
runa
Message 6 of 7 (2,722 Views)

now what i do about cd room is not working ?

Student
PAK60
Message 7 of 7 (1,897 Views)

My drive E: is not working, light flashes pc does not recognize and download

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation