Question

Honor Student
Camieeee
Message 1 of 12 (72,646 Views)

DVD/ CD-ROM driver MISSING!

[ Edited ]

Hello!

well, i'm hoping that this can be fixed.

Just recently, I found out that my computer's DVD/CD-ROM driver isn't present in the Device Manager.

I already tried restarting the computer, but still there is nothing. I also tried looking for a downloadable driver for it, but there was none.

I have an HP Pavillion 8200 m8200n. That's what it says on the sticker, so i'm pretty sure of it.

Please help me, I really need to put these homemovies on DVD.

Thank you so much!

Message Edited by Camieeee on 09-07-2009 07:32 PM
Associate Professor
c0rnel
Message 2 of 12 (72,637 Views)

Re: DVD/ CD-ROM driver MISSING!

There should be a category that says "DVD/CD-ROM drives" in Device Manager.

Are you sure both the sata and power cables are connected to the disc drive inside the pc case?

Try the link below.

Unuinstall driver (skip this part if u dont have it), remove filters, then restart pc.

http://www.pchell.com/hardware/cd_drive_error_code_39.shtml

You can also check in the BIOS (F10) at pc startup and unde the Main menu it lists your disc drive and hard drive. 

Honor Student
Camieeee
Message 3 of 12 (72,610 Views)

nope, there isn't a DVD/CD-rom drive the Device manager.

and i'm pretty sure that they are connected.

here's a screen print of it....

I tried the directions in the link and it's still not appearing...

Student
TINO
Message 4 of 12 (72,592 Views)

Hi did you recently update your Bois? if so that's the problem. If your computer is still in warrenty send it too HP or give them a call. If it's out of warrenty then you need to open your desktop and remove both cables from the cd/dvd and re-start the machine, when the machine is on plug the cable's back in be careful though and then do another re-start that should bring back the cd/dvd rom. when you see the drive again in the device manager delete it and then re-start and see if it re-installs the driver if not then it's a hardware problem and you need a new cd/dvd drive...

Student
poofgone
Message 5 of 12 (70,427 Views)

This link was a "lifesaver" for me! I have been working ALL day long on this PC trying to figure out why my CD/DVD rom won't work. Have tried everything I could and after following this link it was fixed as easy as 1*2*3!  Thank you so much!

Student
atene2191
Message 6 of 12 (58,210 Views)

trying to burn a cd but it's stated that there is no cd & dvd software detected

Student
grnildy1
Message 7 of 12 (46,552 Views)

please tell me how to download my cd - rom driver. uninstalled in error

Student
Prakash101935
Message 8 of 12 (40,084 Views)

DVD/ CD-ROM driver MISSING!

Sir,

The same problem to me also. Unable to see the dvd/ cd option in neither my computer nor device manager. My dvd tray from my laptop ( HP g62) is not at all ejecting out. Please help me i am very much worried. Product is out of warranty. Immediately the next the day of my warranty period i have got this problem. I have tried to open the tray by a pin. It had got opened but the problem remains, the light is also not blinking on the dvd tray. reinstalled o.s , no use. Approached HP service center they are asking 1400INR ($27) just to tell me what the problem is. Please help me

Honor Student
jlsmall
Message 9 of 12 (30,887 Views)

[ Edited ]

[Edit: Keep it courteous] He said it wasnt showing up in the dvc.mgr. If you dont know let someone else that does respond. That way people with problems and are searching for hour for the fix dont have to put up with the junk your posting

Student
Wasim11
Message 10 of 12 (15,892 Views)

I need the Driver CD for HP Pavilion g7 2111nr , how can I get that please?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation