Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am trying to find the specs for my CDDVDW drive - HP CDDvDW TS- H653T.  A software vendor (MediaMonkey) is telling me that my CDR  writing speed is 5X max. even with their upgrade. I have checked the driver and I believe I have the most recent one (  Version   6.1.7600.16385 dated 6/21/2006) .  I would like to provide the vendor with the actual specs since  I feel the problem is with their software and not the drive.    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

In a post in another forum, I found the CQ5700F to have the TS-H653T SATA drive.  since I see no mention of the model in your post, I will assume that HP used that drive in many different models.  You can post the info for your model.  This is what I found here: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02629647

This is for the CQ5700F and the drive specs are:

Formats/Disc types Write speeds Read speeds Storage capacity

DVD
DVD-ROM SL NAup to 16xup to 4.7 GB
DVD-ROM DLNAup to 8Xup to 8.5 GB
DVD+R SLup to 16xup to 12Xup to 4.7 GB
DVD+R DLup to 12xup to 8xup to 8.5 GB
DVD+RW SLup to 8xup to 8xup to 4.7 GB
DVD+RW DLnot supported
DVD-R SLup to 16xup to 12xup to 4.7 GB
DVD-R DLup to 12xup to 8xup to 8.5 GB
DVD-RW SLup to 6xup to 8xup to 4.7 GB
DVD-RW DLnot supported
DVD-RAMup to 12xup to 12x4.7 GB
CD
CDROMNAup to 40Xup to 700 MB
CDRup to 40Xup to 40Xup to 700 MB
CDRWup to 32Xup to 32Xup to 700 MB
CD-DANAup to 32Xup to 700 MB
Video CDNAup to 16X

up to 700 MB

It would seem that any modern CD/DVD drive not in a laptop would be similar to these specs.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

In a post in another forum, I found the CQ5700F to have the TS-H653T SATA drive.  since I see no mention of the model in your post, I will assume that HP used that drive in many different models.  You can post the info for your model.  This is what I found here: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02629647

This is for the CQ5700F and the drive specs are:

Formats/Disc types Write speeds Read speeds Storage capacity

DVD
DVD-ROM SL NAup to 16xup to 4.7 GB
DVD-ROM DLNAup to 8Xup to 8.5 GB
DVD+R SLup to 16xup to 12Xup to 4.7 GB
DVD+R DLup to 12xup to 8xup to 8.5 GB
DVD+RW SLup to 8xup to 8xup to 4.7 GB
DVD+RW DLnot supported
DVD-R SLup to 16xup to 12xup to 4.7 GB
DVD-R DLup to 12xup to 8xup to 8.5 GB
DVD-RW SLup to 6xup to 8xup to 4.7 GB
DVD-RW DLnot supported
DVD-RAMup to 12xup to 12x4.7 GB
CD
CDROMNAup to 40Xup to 700 MB
CDRup to 40Xup to 40Xup to 700 MB
CDRWup to 32Xup to 32Xup to 700 MB
CD-DANAup to 32Xup to 700 MB
Video CDNAup to 16X

up to 700 MB

It would seem that any modern CD/DVD drive not in a laptop would be similar to these specs.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.  I also have the CQ5700F.  

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.