Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion desktop
Is there more than 1 type of 310w slim fit power supply for Pavilion desktops (such as the 590-0057c and 590-0065se)? Can these be purchased online? I looked but did not see it. Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MattWebb677,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I see from your post you need assistance related to power supply. No worries, I'll be glad to assist you.

I did go through the product specifications of your product - 

HP Pavilion 590-p0057c Desktop PC Product Specifications - Click here

HP Pavilion 690-0067c Gaming Desktop PC Product Specifications - Click here

In this scenario, both the PC's have gone with the same power supply - 310 W SFF (Gold) Full range 115V/230V and the part number associated is L03980-800  Power Supply - GNRC PSU 310W SFF ES Sirius-GFX G

If you are comfortable in replacing the power supply, You could purchase the part from HP, use the HP Parts surfer to identify the part: http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx 

And order it via the HP Parts store: https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/CountryChoice.aspx?mscssid=&ccode=ZZ&lcode=ZZ 

You can check for the power supply through online retail store, such as eBay ad Amazon

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need any further assistance, I'll be more than glad to help you.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@MattWebb677,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I see from your post you need assistance related to power supply. No worries, I'll be glad to assist you.

I did go through the product specifications of your product - 

HP Pavilion 590-p0057c Desktop PC Product Specifications - Click here

HP Pavilion 690-0067c Gaming Desktop PC Product Specifications - Click here

In this scenario, both the PC's have gone with the same power supply - 310 W SFF (Gold) Full range 115V/230V and the part number associated is L03980-800  Power Supply - GNRC PSU 310W SFF ES Sirius-GFX G

If you are comfortable in replacing the power supply, You could purchase the part from HP, use the HP Parts surfer to identify the part: http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx 

And order it via the HP Parts store: https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/CountryChoice.aspx?mscssid=&ccode=ZZ&lcode=ZZ 

You can check for the power supply through online retail store, such as eBay ad Amazon

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need any further assistance, I'll be more than glad to help you.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Perfect answer, thank you very much!!!

One more question, if I may? Is there a PSU that fits the same form factor but has more power?
HP Recommended

@MattWebb677,

Thank you for replying,

I'm glad I could contribute towards resolving the issue and finding the solution you were looking for.

However, you have a concern regarding a compatible PSU with the same form factory with more power.

Disclaimer: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance. You can change the configuration at your own risk.

would personally suggest you can take help from the local tech or contact a local Best Buy or Staples who can help you identify the right part which is compatible for your PC.

I hope this answers your question, do let me know if you need any technical assistance

For further assistance, feel free to reply to the public post. If you would like to thank us for the efforts to help you, feel free to click on the "Accept as solution" button on the public post. That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thank you for taking the time to help me! I very much appreciate it. 🙂
HP Recommended

@MattWebb677,

Thank you for the update,
I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad I could contribute towards resolving the issue and finding the solution you were looking for.
Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.
I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good morning !

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT !!!

I bought HP PAVILION GAMING DESKTOP PC 690-0000NJ

I am Choosing an uninterruptible power supply for my  POWER SUPPLY

CHARACTERISTICS OF MY POWER SUPPLY  :

SWITCHING POWER SUPPLY

MODEL PCG007Power Supply.jpg100-240V

50-60Hz

4A

TOTAL 310W MAX

MAXIMUM POWER SHALL NOT EXCEED 310W

1.What category is  MY POWER SUPPLY ACTIVE PFC or PASSIVE PFC or another category?
2. What is the characteristic of the power supply, we determine the power supply to
ACTIVE PFC or PASSIVE PFC?
3, Based on this data, which uninterruptible power supply do you recommend for my case?

THANK YOU FOR HELP !!!

HP Recommended

Hi there i'm trying to order this one, or the L04618-800 and it says on the website there out of them, What is the deal with that do I need to call them? Also I just bought a l04618-800 about 3 weeks ago and it makes a grinding noise on cold boots, but doesn't last that long, and they said they don't have a warranty or replacement on it

HP Recommended

Hello! Yeah you could probably give them a call. I actually bought this, and ended up replacing it with a 400w one that was the same form factor, and both worked great. But I upgraded the whole pc and now they are sitting on my parts shelf. LoL 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.