Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi,

1 Q: How can I change the bios mode from Legacy to UEFI ?

I'm using Hp Z210 Workstation.

2 Q: my computer has an SSD and a Hard drive, if I wanted to change the Ssd to GPT should I also change the hard drive to GPT ?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@YounesQassid99 , welcome to the forum.

The only information that I could find on your computer is dated in 2011.  HP didn't begin using UEFI until mid-October, 2012 with Win 8.  Therefore, I don't believe that you have UEFI in the motherboard.

Here is a guide on GPT that will answer all of your questions.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hello Younes !

I guess your underlying concern is to be able to create more than 4 primary partitions on your SSD drive, isn't it? Otherwise, I don't se too much end user benefit at switching from BIOS + boot from MBR to UEFI + boot from GPT, right?

Basically, you don't have to worry about remaining MBR formatted HHDs in your system: they will be usable, whatever the BIOS or UEFI is in command. They are not boot drives, they are not affected by your choice, just as you can keep using memory sticks formatted in MBR, even if you start with EUFI.

With regard to configuring your computer for BIOS or EUFI booting, this is done in the BIOS setup interface, available at boot time. On the assumption, as points out, that this feature is actually available on your computer.

Regards.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.