Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP OMEN - Gaming Desktop. Model number- GT12-0064
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Im in need of more ssd storage. am i able to add another ssd? it seems im stuck with the 512gb ssd it came with, but maybe theres a way to expand it? if so how can i do this?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You can always upgrade the M.2 to bigger, faster and better.

Alternately, you could re-install some of your apps on your 1TB hard drive.  Some folders can be relocated to the D drive.  Documents, Picture, Videos, Downloads can be easily moved using windows 10 "location" property. 

It is amazing how much space can be reclaimed by running clean disk and selecting system file and REMOVING all but the latest restore point.  I picked up over 100gb of space two days ago preparing my system to upgrade to windows 11.

If you do upgrade the M.2 buy a USB adapter and clone your C drive to it then swap chips.  To make things go faster be sure to run that clean disk to free up space BEFORE doing the clone.

I have a small M.2 on my Area51 and a pair of 7200 rpm hard drives  C and D.  I bought and installed  PrimoCache and it uses  my M.2 to speed up both my disk drives.     No need to boot from ssd.

YMMV, Good Luck!

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.