Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 25L Desktop - GT12-0045na

Hello to all,

I have a question if someone can help me can I upgrade OMEN 25L GT12-0045na processor from i5 to i9?

Much appreciated if someone is able to help me please.

thank you 

Kind regards

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@Awais-Khan81,

Welcome to our HP community forum!

Your OMEN 25L GT12-0045na Desktop PC (9YT63EA) as fitted with a Dorado motherboard (SSID: 8704) -please verify, can be upgraded to an i9-10900 or an i9-10900F (requires a graphics card).

If your OMEN 25L desktop is fitted with a DoradoOC-AMP motherboard (SSID: 8703), you can upgrade to the aforementioned Intel i9 processors and the i9-10900K/i9-10900KF.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

How can I check my motherboard is fitted with

HP Dorado SSID: 8704 or Dorado OC-AMP SSID: 8703 is there any Pacific video on YouTube or image I can have a look into the motherboard? Thank you

Kind regards

HP Recommended

@Awais-Khan81,

You can easily verify what motherboard you have: type in System Information in your Windows search bar, click on the System Information App, and look to the right of "BaseBoard Product": it will show you what SSID you got.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@NonSequitur777

Hello good Afternoon,

I can verify My HP Desktop has Dorado motherboard SSID: 8704 Should I upgrade to i9-10900 or an i9-10900F And is it possible I can upgrade to 11th generation i9-10900 or an i9-10900F as it has same Socket type: LGA 1200 and TDP: up to 65 W  https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06610493

Please if you can let me know which graphics card, I am able to upgrade to What are my options NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series 3060 or 40 Series 4070 Ti Or any other graphics card.

at the moment I have NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB graphics card Will I be able to upgrade up to 12G graphics card?

I have already started to upgrade the memory RAM.

Thank you

kind regards

HP Recommended

@Awais-Khan81,

Yes, you can upgrade your PC to an i9-10900 or i9-10900F, but these processors are more expensive than an i7-10700/i7-10700F.  No, your PC/motherboard is not compatible with 11th gen intel processors.

Any of the graphics cards you mentioned would be compatible with your PC, but it depends on your power supply.  Please verify what power supply you got.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@NonSequitur777

65w I think or How do I cheque the power supply for graphics card Upgrade. Yes I did thought of i7 as an option

HP Recommended

@NonSequitur777

power supply is Internal PSU 500 W

• Total wattage: 500 W
  • Full range: 115 V/230 V
  • Efficiency: Bronze

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06638045 - OMEN 25L GT12-0045na

HP Recommended

@Awais-Khan81,

Outstanding: with a 500-watt power supply you can comfortably power an RTX 4060 or an RTX 4060 Ti, such as these smaller-sized (two fan) models, powered by a single 8-pin PCIe power cable: ASUS DUAL RTX 4060 OC Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database and: ASUS DUAL RTX 4060 Ti OC Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database.

With your quality 500-watt power supply, you may very well also consider a smaller-sized (two fan) RTX 4070, powered by a single 8-pin PCIe power cable, such as this model: ASUS DUAL RTX 4070 Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database, although a 200-watt TDP graphics card would be the absolute max you should contemplate installing in your PC.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@NonSequitur777

Hello Good Afternoon,

Thank you for sharing with me These graphics cards. I could not find any  ASUS DUAL RTX 4070 with TDP 200w on Asus website or on ebuyer Please have a look at These Graphics card if this is the right Once for my pc ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 12GB DUAL OC Graphics Card For Gaming I couldn't find any information regarding power Or ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 4070 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6X On the website it says recommended PSU 650W

My PC has500-watt power supply

Another question I7 or the I9 will run on GeForce RTX 4070 without any problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.