Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
i have GT 420 (OEM) , Motherboard : MS-7613 (Iona-GL8E) , PSU : 460W and i want to upgrade it to GTX550 Ti , Can I (without changing any other hardware) ?! ____________________________________________________________________________________ MS-7613 (Iona-GL8E), i5 650 3.2Ghz 10Gb DDR3, GT420(OEM),460W
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The original PSU does not have a PCI Express power connector. A PSU upgrade will be required. Without the PCI Express power connector connected to the video card your PC will not boot into Windows. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

What is the p/n (product number) of your desktop PC?

The PSU should be OK if it has a  six-pin PCI Express power connectors for the video card.

400W is the minimum required.

It is difficult to say more without  more specifics about your desktop PC enclosure.

The video card is 8.25 x 4.37 high.

It is a double slot wide card and the determining factor will be the height of the southbridge passive cooler and the DIMM slot locking devices. If it does fit, it will be tight inside.

vidcard.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
HPE 420fr MS-7613 (Iona-GL8E) http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02557210〈=fr&lc=fr&product=4312901#N191
HP Recommended
so i can change it ??!!! without changing anything else ?! ( it's okay if it is tight inside ) i just want everything is working
HP Recommended

The original PSU does not have a PCI Express power connector. A PSU upgrade will be required. Without the PCI Express power connector connected to the video card your PC will not boot into Windows. 

HP Recommended
any 400W+ PSU wil be good ?!
HP Recommended
can't make GTX 550ti work with this ?! http://i.imgur.com/YDSvm.jpg
HP Recommended
can't make GTX 550ti work with this? ! http://i.imgur.com/YDSvm.jpg
HP Recommended

I will have to say that it is unlikely for an OEM non gaming desktop PSU to have a six pin PCI Express power connector. The following image is what it looks like. Open up your desktop and take a look. The PSU that is needed is something like this one.

pciex.png

HP Recommended

For a manufactured PC, the best ones to use are enthusiast grand and modular.  

I and many others in the PC enthusiast community highly recommend Corsair's Builder series of PSU. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.