Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One Desktop PC 24-cr0000a (70Z06AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

My new HP All in One computer does not have enough RAM. I was told by both the seller and by HP that it could be upgraded to 16 GB. However, I now find that it is NOT upgradeable! I want my money back so that I can get one that has enough memory. I've only had it  2+ weeks and I feel cheated. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

What made you think it can't be upgraded? I looked for a service manual, but they don't seem to offer them for the all in ones. I did find out there are 2 motherboards used in that series, so depending on what processor you have would determine which motherboard. See here- https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_8000709-8000694-16 

I does seem the Skywalk motherboard has the ram soldered on board, and the Scenery version has 2 slots than can be upgraded to 32GB officially, but probably can go to 64GB.

Have you opened it up to see if it has slots for ram?

Volunteering here is my therapy
17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
HP Recommended

That particular model has an AMD Silver processor and LPDDR5 memory i.e. soldered on, likely 8 gigs. 

HP Recommended

Do NOT, repeat NOT, try to open it up.  These All-in-Ones have to be PRIED open and that seriously risks totally cracking the screen -- and that costs a fortune to replace.

If this were mine, I would return it for a refund and get an actual desktop PC

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.