Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Compaq 2547 AI
Microsoft Windows XP

Greetings!

I own a HP Compaq Presario 2547 AI which has done many many years since I purchased it sometime in 2006. But of late it shows a persistent problem. At first it would beep numerous  times on start up, and then go into normal booting on itw own.

But now, it just stays stuck at the Compaq Logo screen with the F2, F10 and F12 messages, but when I press any of that it does nothing. I tried putting a bootable DVD CD ROM but that didn't work. I tried reseating the RAM but that didn't work.

I tried A USB keyboard and that didn't work ....I tried reseating the HDD, and checked that but it is unlikely that a faulty HDD is at cause.

Now I know this is an old celeron processor with an old CMOS battery, but my research tells me that is ulikely that those two are at fault as I've never let this unit overheat or expose to power fluctuations. It was working perfectly fine inspite of those  numerour beeps at startup and then booting into WIndows but now it just stays stuck the Compaq Logo Splash screen.

Can someone help me resolve this issue, as I've invested quite a bit into this old chugger and want it fixed/upgraded/ made and ANdroid PC or someway of getting the perfectly good screen , HDD, DVD RW and RAM and motherboard to work again?

If you can help me, my HP Compaq will give you loads of kisses for sure and chug ahead for a long long time;)

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@AnonZG

Sounds like you have tried just about everything.

Try removing the HDD and power-on.

Does it go past the Compaq Logo screen???

If it does leave the HDD out and try to boot from a CD/DVD.

If it does not go past the Compaq Logo screen try removing one memory stick at a time.

REO

HP Recommended

Sounds like you have tried just about everything.....Nope, I wish I had, but having researched everything from Beep Codes to Android Mini PC setups on laptops, I think this machine may still have a chance, so I'm not letting go of it yet, even though its so old and antiquated.

Try removing the HDD and power-on..... My respone:Just tried this, what its doing now, is flashing the Compaq Logo Screen and then switching off after something like a fan does a click sound or something......(The HDD blue light indicator does not even have a chance to boot up, past the BIOS flash screen for less than two seconds...I tried quick fingers, but apparently the F10 F2 or F12 options are not even getting registered, and the Compaq Logo screen flashes and then just switches off.  The keyboard is working A okay, as I can get  the PC to start using the quick menu keys on the top of the keyboard)

Does it go past the Compaq Logo screen??? Nope, sadly not REO51ST 

If it does leave the HDD out and try to boot from a CD/DVD. >>> Already tried, even a bootable USB, Linux USBs but to no avail. 

If it does not go past the Compaq Logo screen try removing one memory stick at a time.>>>>>Tried this too, even replaced the 256 MB RAM with 1 GB spare PC 2700 RAM I had with me, but does the same thing, flashes , and then crashes.......

I noticed you're a refurnisher REO51ST 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.