Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion p6-2130eo
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have a desktop computer (pavilion P6-2130) and want to change the graphics card, from the GT520 initially build-in by HP to a GT-710 (2GB, silent). The PSU is 300W, so it matches the new card's requirements. I changed the cards, started the computer and now i can see the first HP screen (that indicates "press ESC for boot menu") but it hangs there. After some while, the speaker beeps once. then after some while it beeps again, once. (it takes easily 30seconds between the beeps). Then after again some while, the screen only shows a blinking cursor. So i suppose the gt710 card is not dead, but somehow unsupported ?

Thank you for your help.
8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

HI.

Try updating the bios: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers ,if once update is still the same, look at deactivating in bios UEFI. Enter the BIOS disable safe boot and enable legacy compatibility after that install the graph and proba if it gives video, if it also improves is not compatible with your motherboard.

In the following link is detailed:http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03653226

Regards.

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.
HP Recommended
The Bios is updated (7.16 Rev A) and i dont have a safe boot to disable.
What can i do?
HP Recommended

Si usted no tiene una versión más reciente del BIOS, no será posible hacer que funcione, incluso por lo que su placa base soporta GeForce 600 gráficos, máxima GeForce GeForce GTX 650 (GK107, 1024MB GDDR5_5,0Gbps, 128b, 384sp, 64W)

Regards.

☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
HP Recommended

@Danne1,

The real problem is the original OS was WIN 7, with the 7.16 BIOS.  It is not a UEFI vBIOS capable (fall 2012) system.  Newer cards are UEFI, and these cards WILL NOT work within your system.  The GT520 is early 2011, and is "legacy BIOS".  The GT710 is early 2016.  After re-thinking the BIOS issue, @GPU-2 makes a solid suggestion based on your 300W PSU. The GT 630 is a legacy card, and has slightly better performance than the GT 510.

What should be asked it what game play you really expect.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended
Thank you for answers.

Could pressing F12 right when the screen shows up solve the problem? (It apears to do)

This transfers me to a different screen with all the computer details. After a minute or so, the computers boots as normal.

This is the only way i can get the computer to boot.

Do you know why the computer does boot this way? (Buy pressing F12 and waiting about a minute..)
HP Recommended

Just press Alt + F10 to start without the crackling noise. Pressing F12 without touching Esc also seems to work for some. Simply by pressing F1 works, too.

HP Recommended
Exactly - and i wonder why?

What does pressing F12/Alt+esc do? Is it harmful? Is there a way to achieve booting without pressing any buttons?
HP Recommended

By this bypass ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkBTSlBW2oc

Note: You can just press F1 at the HP boot screen to boot it without the crackling noise. Pressing F12 without touching Esc also seems to work for some. Alt + F10 has been reported to work, too. Note 2: Not all Cupertino2s are built equal, it seems, and some of them will still fail to run free ...
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.