Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion a6700y
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)

I managed to disconnect the external antenna lead from the wireless adapter while cleaning the computer.

it appears that there may be two possible locations to reconnect the lead (looks like a push on connector on the end of the antenna wire) to the adapter.

Any information would be appreciated. 

Thank you !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is probably a Main and an Aux terminal.

Here is a picture of the adapter on your PC's support page.

Look at the orientation and copy what you see here would be the only suggestion I can offer, or get up close to it and the terminals may be labeled on the circuit board.

With one antenna, you want to connect to the Main terminal.

Wireless card - side view

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is probably a Main and an Aux terminal.

Here is a picture of the adapter on your PC's support page.

Look at the orientation and copy what you see here would be the only suggestion I can offer, or get up close to it and the terminals may be labeled on the circuit board.

With one antenna, you want to connect to the Main terminal.

Wireless card - side view

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

Just a quick note to let you know that you were the Advil for my headache. All is well now and I appreciate your assistance very much. Your answer was perfect!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.