Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
h8-1425a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ok i posted a question here recently  asking if the  H8-1425a's motherboard would support me upgrading it to a GTX 960

and i received two positive answers stating yes but that i would need a new PSU and possible minor case modifications

At the same time I posted the question here i tweeted HP support asking the same question and i got a response saying: 

Hay, read your tweet. The 960 is an awesome card with DDR5 Memory, but H8 only supports DDR3.

So is what he is saying true or is he wrong, because after i read this i checked other forums and people are saying that its two completely separate things and it will work 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your machine uses DDR3 system RAM but nothing to stop you to use DDR5 GRAM because GRAM does not use same slot with system RAM, it use PCIe interface.

In short, you can use DDR5 GRAM on your computer.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your machine uses DDR3 system RAM but nothing to stop you to use DDR5 GRAM because GRAM does not use same slot with system RAM, it use PCIe interface.

In short, you can use DDR5 GRAM on your computer.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

tank you so in otherword the actual guys running the Hp support twitter are untrained good to know

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.