Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-xa0135st
Microsoft Windows 11

I just received a message from HP that my All in One has reached the end of support,  My extended warranty expired about a year ago so I know it is no longer covered under warranty but are they saying that the unit cannot be supported at all even for a charge?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@FloridaRick,

Welcome to our HP community forum!

You mentioned it: "charge".

If you need tech support, you probably are better off going to a local PC repair shop and have them evaluate/provide you with a repair/service bid.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Thank you for your suggestion.  I do not currently have an issue with my device.  My concern is more along the lines of are parts no longer available and would HP phone support help me determine if I have a software or hardware issue.  If the device is no longer "supported" do I have to look for a replacement?  The message I got from HP suggested that I look at their new models.

HP Recommended

@FloridaRick,

Parts for your AIO are likely going to be available for the foreseeable future, especially as yours appears to be a fairly recent model.  If you have issues, you can reach out to us in this forum.

Don't worry about the "no longer supported" messages. Look, the average lifespan of support for HP computers typically ranges from 5 to 7 years after the product's initial release date. Meaning, if you purchase a model that has been out, say for two years, that model may no longer be supported after only 3 to 4 years. This timeframe can vary depending on the specific model and series, as well as HP's support policies. After this period, HP may stop providing software updates, drivers, and technical support for that particular model. It's worth noting that many users -yours truly included- may continue to use HP computers beyond the end of official support, but this is true: there may be increasing security risks and compatibility issues as new software and technologies emerge.  You can avoid most security risks by having an antivirus program running on your PC, such as Webroot or any number of top-quality options.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Thank you NonSequitur777!  You response is very helpful.

HP Recommended

@FloridaRick,

You're welcome, glad it was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.