Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 24-r000 All-in-One Desktop PC series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to revert the Function Keys on my HP Pavilion All-in-One keyboard to their standard usage, that is:  Function Keys [F1-F12] first, and the HP 'Action Keys' when the [Fn] key is pressed. 

I need the [F1-F12] keys, especially since 3-key combinations sometimes don't seem to work, even with the [Fn] key.  Plus they are not always easy to do readily anyway!

I have seen this topic covered, but I have not seen this answered (or even asked) for the All-in-One PCs, only laptops.  Is there a solution? (Other than purchasing another keyboard.)  I have NO BIOS entry for the keyboard.

I have: HP Pavilion 24-r014 All-in-One, Windows 10 Home, v1709 (64-bit)

TIA,v

Geoff

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@rismtvehouckg, welcome to the forum.

I understand that you want to use the F (1-10) keys without holding the Fn key.  Here is a guide that should help you.  It is for laptops, but should work for you.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, old_geekster. 

However, as I mentioned in my original post, I checked my BIOS, and there didn't seem to be an entry in there for the keyboard, and the article you linked to requires that entry to disarm the [fn] function key shift.  Looks like I may be out of luck.

Thanks,

Geoff

HP Recommended

I too also bought the same Pavilion all-in-one desktop PC and can't for the life of me understand why HP would do this. It is backwards and not able to change in the BIOS which is really simple compared to others I'm used to.

The function keys  (F1-F0) should be the default option and the others like music shoud be fn+F4...

Please add an option in your BIOS so we can update and switch to the prefered way. 

HP Recommended

I know that it was 1 year ago, but nevertheless - I have the same problem with HP All-in-One 24-xa0906ns. I would like to have F1-F12 working without pressing Fn key, and wondering why HP did make such thing in their model and moreover, set it by default.

The solutions described on the page suggested _DO_NOT_ work:

1. There is no any "Action key"-like options in BIOS

2. Combination Fn+Shift does not work and there is no corresponding "lock" label on the keyboard's Shift button, as on my HP laptop

Any ideas/suggestions?

HP Recommended

BTW, Updating to the latest BIOS software on my All-in-one did not help.

Seems like "missing feature bug" to me.

Can we get a fix for this, perhaps an OS level fix is more likely. I'm not running this "freeware" hkserv.exe that was pedled by someone else in another thread.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.