Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - 550-a114
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Been running the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (from the HP Support Assistant) since yesterday and it still isn't done with step 2. Don't know for sure what OS but it's a Windows 10 . My pc has been real slow and trying to speed it up or at least troubleshoot. Out of warranty of course....

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @tmd1954 

Did you start HP Diagnostics within HP Support Assistant while the PC is running Windows and did the PC restart before running diagnostics?

Asking because I don't use HP Support Assistant

I would stop the software if possible.

Check your PC's hardware using HP Diagnostics as follows:

Restart the PC. Repeatedly tap the "ESC" key.

Select "F2". Run system and component tests to confirm: a drive problem, a memory problem, or other component problem. Run extensive tests.

Maybe diagnostics will complete when doing it outside of Windows.

I would think Windows is messed up if you can run diagnostics at system startup (outside of Windows) with a pass on all components.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.