Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 65W G4 Desktop Mini PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a HP elitedesk 800 G3 DM 35W with a 65W power brick. I recently got an elitedesk 800 G4 DM 65w and when I plugged it in, I got the 3 short 4 long beeps so seems like a power supply issue. Wondering if my 65w power brick that I got with the G3 can be used with the G4? I read something about a smart pin but really was not sure. 

I did try to search the forum but came up empty. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The 65W power adapter only works for the models with the 35W processors.

You need the 90W or 150W power supply for the 800 G4 DM 65W processor model.

Genuine 90W HP AC DC Adapter for EliteDesk 800 G4 G6 DM Desktop Mini PC w/Cord | eBay

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

The 65W power adapter only works for the models with the 35W processors.

You need the 90W or 150W power supply for the 800 G4 DM 65W processor model.

Genuine 90W HP AC DC Adapter for EliteDesk 800 G4 G6 DM Desktop Mini PC w/Cord | eBay

HP Recommended

Thank you! It seemed a bit counter intuitive to me but I appreciate the quick response. I can’t seem to find the service manual specifically for the 800 G4 DM but wanted to clarify if this is the part number from the manual if you happen to have it?

HP Part Number: 756414-003

Replace with: 693712-001

HP Recommended

Looking at partsurfer.hp.com I found this: Part Number : 932448-850
Part Description : 

GNRC-AC ADPTR 90W PFC SMART 7.4mm
Part 932448-850 is no longer supplied. Please order the replacement, L40098-001
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, that part number should work, but it is on back order...$91.13.

HP Parts Store - HP Computer Parts - HP Printer Parts - Compaq Parts

If you click on the part number, it will provide a list of models the power supply is good for.

It appears they are using the same power supply used in the G5 and G6's for the G4's.

If it were me, I would be buying a used but tested and working P/S on eBay be it the old or new part number.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.