Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop GT13-1xxx

PC intermittently shuts down on its own. Then intermittently fails to boot into OS. Checked error logs. Some stuff in there that HP in all their SMARTness should have seen by now. Ran SFC /SCANNOW. Discovered and repaired a couple of corrupted files. Ran PC Diags Extended, got DST Warning, all else passed. Obtained and ran WD diagnostics. WD states THEIR DRIVE IS A-OK. Further, PC Diags states an update is available. Install of same fails with "folder hpdiags not available"....

Seriously?

Meanwhile not a peep on this here board about any of it, other than "DST warning??? Golly replace the drive ricky-ticky right now!!," and not one word as to the technical meaning of "warning" on DST officially from HP Support nowhere to be found.

Is HP becoming the United-Boeing of the computing world? Might be, being as they basically have farmed out support to random people sitting at random places somewhere in coach and posting random Mr. FixIts to the masses. But what should I expect from a company that requires me to login to Somthing Cloudish just to scan a document?

I've been an HP customer for over 25 years, and I'm looking for a new vendor.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.