Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p6-2469eo
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I'm upgrading my old graphic card Geforce gt 630oem to new one. Psu is also need to change but it is not a problem.

My system is:

HP Pavilion p6-2469eo  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03646544

Motherboars is Foxconn Johua-H61-uatx  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03135925

Bios is 8.12 12/14/2012

So I need to know is these cards working with my system? 

MSI geforce GTX 1060 OC 3G

EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC Gamin MD Radeon RX 480 4 GB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I got for testing EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB SC GAMING few days ago. It worked without  any problems :smileyhappy:.

First I deleted old gpu drivers and disabled secure boot in bios. After this I installed new psu and gtx 1060 SC on motherboard. After switch power on pc all started without any problems. New drivers also installed without any problems.  New psu is Cool master G650M

Card is also tested with some games and Unigine valley benchmark software without any problems. GPU Temperatures was under 75 celsius during unigine benchmark.

So HP Pavilion p6-2469eo  with Foxconn Johua-H61-uatx motherboard and i5 3350P cpu is working at least with this new Nvidia card. But you need to change psu also.

Edit: My computer come from factory with windows 8 and with bios above 8.  Models with Windows 7 and bios under 8 from factory may not work??  

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

HI.

Your motherboard is not going to work a graph like the one you try to buy or install the maximum you could support would be aGeForce GTX 750/GTX 770 ,A PSU greater than 300 W is required.

The GTX 1060 requires a PCI Express 3.0 x16 slot for the video card. Your motherboard has a single PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot.

Maybe for the bios version that is more than 8 no problems, but the biggest reason is the PCI port and bus speed.

Regards.

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.
HP Recommended

I respond based on knowledge, you can always try, not give you video and you know the reason why it is, if the return of the graph is supported.

Luck.

☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
HP Recommended

OK. So PCI E 2 is not only issue.

Then I look for this cards GTX 750 Ti, GTX 750 or GTX 770.  These are working with my motherboard?

But 770 power comsuption may cause problems with temperatures in case.

Is there any working AMD cards?

HP Recommended

@Jax77 wrote:

OK. So PCI E 2 is not only issue.

Then I look for this cards GTX 750 Ti, GTX 750 or GTX 770.  These are working with my motherboard?

But 770 power comsuption may cause problems with temperatures in case.

Is there any working AMD cards?

The AMD graphics are more retrocopatible with the HP motherboard, maybe this is a good option Sapphire Radeon R9 280.

Regards.

HP Recommended

Today I updated my bios to version 8.2  01/08/2015.  This bios was under win 8.0 on HP driver sites. Also updated drivers in windows 10 device manager. Under device manager I went to System Devices menu and there updated this drivers:

All this is updated by automatic update seaching choice. Windows downloaded all drivers from internet.

Intel 6 series /200 series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port (All 3 port)

Intel H61 Express Chipset Family LPC Interface Controller

Intel 6 series /200 series Chipset Family SMBus Controller

Intel Management Engine Interface

After all updates my PCI Express version is 3.0

Is this possible by drivers or bios updates?

I tested this with hwinfo and gpu-z.  In hwinfo version is 3.0 and  PCI speed is 8 GT/s  gpu stressed. Gpu-z shows also PCI version 3.0 under load and 1.1 version on idle

You must open next picture in new tab

PCI 3 shot.png

HP Recommended

I got for testing EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB SC GAMING few days ago. It worked without  any problems :smileyhappy:.

First I deleted old gpu drivers and disabled secure boot in bios. After this I installed new psu and gtx 1060 SC on motherboard. After switch power on pc all started without any problems. New drivers also installed without any problems.  New psu is Cool master G650M

Card is also tested with some games and Unigine valley benchmark software without any problems. GPU Temperatures was under 75 celsius during unigine benchmark.

So HP Pavilion p6-2469eo  with Foxconn Johua-H61-uatx motherboard and i5 3350P cpu is working at least with this new Nvidia card. But you need to change psu also.

Edit: My computer come from factory with windows 8 and with bios above 8.  Models with Windows 7 and bios under 8 from factory may not work??  

HP Recommended

Very good information for potential users.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.