Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Slimline Desktop - 270-a047cb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have reviewed several suggestions in this forum and elsewhere with no success. As of this writing, .9.06.2022, all drivers are updated and BIOS is the current version. Now, let me give you some points to consider and I hope someone has resolved this and can help me.

• This is the Slimline Desktop - 270-a047cb (product specs)
    and has the Maple motherboard in it. (link to Maple specs)
  • I have tried all the combinations in the BIOS with attempting to use legacy boot, turning off secure boot, etc.
  • I did notice that in the SATA BIOS config, only AHCI is an option
  • I tried two different M.2 drives, both were 500mb as follows, neither were recognized though I have left the HP part in the slot for now
    WD_BLACK 500GB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280 (Amazon link)
    HP EX900 M.2 500GB PCIe 3.0 X4 Nvme 3D TLC NAND Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (Amazon link)
  • I double-checked the BIOS on multiple occasions and the SSD never shows up as a listed hard drive
  • The drive does not show up in Windows in the drive manager, nor by using the DISKPART command

Can someone help me? I know this is not a powerhouse, but I would like to get it upgraded to a faster HD solution and I assume something with the board or a driver that I am missing is to blame... or simply a bad board, but otherwise things work well. Here are a few photos to show the MB, drive in the slot, etc.

PXL_20220906_133402010.jpg

PXL_20220906_133416258.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

Please refer to this discussion...NVMe SSD's are not supported in that motherboard.  M.2 SATA only.

Solved: Kingston A2000 M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB not working in HP Pavilion 5... - HP Support Community - 785...

I recommend one of the Western Digital Blue SA510 M.2 SSD's for your PC.

HP Recommended

hi

maybe it's an ssd type problem!

motherboard maybee only supports SATA M.2 SSD's.

[edit ]so maybe wrong here same motherboard 

https://support.hp.com/hr-en/product/hp-pavilion-570-a100-desktop-pc-series/15760640/document/c05999...

128 GB PCIe NVMe TLC M.2 Solid State

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Paul, thank you for weighing in. I saw some of your comments on other posts and to be honest, I looked at so many that I must have missed that detail. There is SO much info out there that it can get muddy with me. Again, thanks for the recommendation. I will order one of those WD Blue SSD's... so this one here on Amazon should work. The "two-notch" SSD should fit in the M.2 slot on the Maple board> It has ONE notch in the slot.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, that is the model drive I was referring to.

I don't know of any other SATA SSD's that have faster read/write speeds.

I can't think of any HP PC notebook or desktop motherboard with a non-removable AMD 7th generation processor that has a M.2 slot that supports NVMe SSD's.

I have a HP 255 G7 business notebook with an A4-9125 processor, and the M.2 slot only supports SATA SSD's.

I also have a HP Thin Client t630 desktop with an AMD GX-420GI 7th gen embedded processor.

The PC has two M.2 slots and neither one of them supports a NVMe SSD.

HP Recommended

yeah that's what i meant, on the net, we can't find cases where it works
But hp seems to say otherwise with some computers and this motherboard
It would be necessary to go back the information to hp

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I can guarantee you the HP specs of that model coming with a NVMe SSD are incorrect.

Maybe it came with a 128 GB SATA SSD, but we will never know because the parts list for that model makes no mention that any kind of M.2 SSD was included, just the 2 TB drive.

HP occasionally makes mistakes with the product specifications as is shown in this recent discussion below.

Re: 16GB RAM AIO purchased but system only shows 8GB - HP Support Community - 8474999

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to conclude that NVMe SSD's are not supported in the Maple motherboard based on the information provided in this discussion.

HP Recommended

Sorry, @Paul_Tikkanen  I think you misunderstood my answer
Yes, for some, a fact is a fact, not everyone will search the forum right away
An uninformed user, who is just looking at his product page, sees an M2 disc
128 GB PCIe NVMe TLC M.2 Solid State
Will buy a disc of the same type!
I saw many cases, when I searched here, with this problem
And yes, not everyone is a computer expert, or you can have a friend, who knows, but in the end, doesn't know!
anyway, I was just saying that because it seemed to me that the inner circle was a bit there to report this type of problem..
if no one says anything the product pages will remain in error

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Ok folks, I have ordered the drive that Paul suggested. It will be in on Monday and if it works properly (as I assume it will), I will follow-up and mark his answer and the correct conclusion. Thanks again for the help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.