Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi,

just few questions in regards to upgrading CPU of HP Z2 Mini G4-9,

Myself is looking to purchase on of those beauties. 
Im not sure which design, so old (G4/G5) or new (G9)  does look better yet, however i can may make it dependent on other factors.
I know those are destined for High Power/Workload, however myself is a fan of those Intel T-CPUs and making machines as efficient, cool and quiet as possible...for my technical needs.
So would e.g.
in HP G4 fit some i7-9700T?
or in some G9 some i3-14100T?
Is Gen5 also capable of upgrading onto 11th Gen Intel?

I know that i hereby need the Workstation and not Base variant of HP Z2 mini for "full" support.

The technical sheets do not list any T-CPU, however from socket it should be independent and they normally have just less TDP (35 instead of 65), so we are just talking about Bios support.
Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ToddK80,

Your initial question was very broad ("HP Z2 Mini G4-9").

Could you please be more specific/narrow it down?

In general, the "T" processor versions should be compatible with each one of them, but they are not specifically 'approved' or specified for use by HP.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,
any info on this?
Thanks

HP Recommended

@ToddK80,

Your initial question was very broad ("HP Z2 Mini G4-9").

Could you please be more specific/narrow it down?

In general, the "T" processor versions should be compatible with each one of them, but they are not specifically 'approved' or specified for use by HP.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Hi,
thank you for the response.
That was myself thinking as well...or so far the theory.
I will likely just test it in next weeks.
Thanks so far.

HP Recommended

@ToddK80,

You are welcome!

By all means, please follow up.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.