Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi. I have HP Z230 with 16GB RAM and I bought WD SN580 NVME SSD with PCI adapter. I connected this  disk via PCIe2 x4, and Windows can see this disk but Bios does not.
But the main problem is speed of this disk. It works like regular SSD disk Up to 390MB/s R/W instead up to 4100MB/s

In device menager no driver errors, but Crystaldiskinfo it shows transfer mode is PCIe 2.0 x1 instead PCIe 4.0 x4.

Also I have GPU that is connected via PCIe2 x 16.

Could someone tell me what to do to speed up this disk ?
thank you

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your PC does not have any slots that are PCIe 4.0 x 4 so it would be impossible for your SN580 to run at 4,100 MBPS under any circumstances. 

The only way the SN580 will run near its maximum advertised read/write speeds would be from a PCIe 4 x 4 Slot.

The chart shows the various speeds you can get from the various PCIe generations and lanes:

PCIe Speeds and Limitations | Crucial.com

HP Recommended

Hallo

You can install boot partition to sata hardisk

And C:/ to Nvme i am not testing but

Under linux mint working

Sata2:

Install as boot manager

/efi 540MB

/boot /ext4 1024 MB

Nvme:

/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.