Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (79 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Z420 workstation memory upgrade

Product Name: Z420
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

is there any way to upgrade Z420 workstations using 16Gb memory DIMMs, by upgrading BIOS first for instance. HP mentions memory compatibility for 2 to 8Gb DIMMs only. I any one has succeded doing so please advise. Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: HP Z420 workstation memory upgrade

8GB modules appears to be as good as it gets. The maximum installed memory is 64GB.

Memory manufacturers state the very same thing.

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (65 Views)

8GB modules appears to be as good as it gets. The maximum installed memory is 64GB.

Memory manufacturers state the very same thing.

You can say thanks by clicking on the + in the purple thumbs up icon next to the Reply button.

If I have helped you to resolve your issue or answered your question, please click the Options link in the post that helped you and then click on the "Mark as Accepted Solution " button
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (14 Views)

Thanks for your answer. I was pretty sure but you confirmed. Regards.

Provost
Message 4 of 4 (11 Views)

You're welcome.

Smiley Happy

You can say thanks by clicking on the + in the purple thumbs up icon next to the Reply button.

If I have helped you to resolve your issue or answered your question, please click the Options link in the post that helped you and then click on the "Mark as Accepted Solution " button
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation