Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Slim Desktop - S01-pF1013w
Microsoft Windows 11

This pc was a gift to my younger brother and overtime i upgraded it for him he recently wanted to play games on better fps and ghrapics but he cant do much with the psu limit it has, He doesnt wanna get rid of it so i was thinking of swapping cases and getting a better psu, ghrapics card, fan cooling, etc for it but the thing is idk what psu i could even buy to upgrade this pc im not a big tech guy so i was coming here to ask if anyone has any idea of where or what type of psu i need to buy and replace this one with.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@sleepyman , welcome to the Community.

Good for you coming here for advice before buying a PSU that doesn't work.

The first thing that you have to do is check the power connector for the PSU on the motherboard.  I believe that it may be a HP proprietary 4-pin connector.  If this is correct, you will have to buy any upgrades from HP.  The most powerful PSU they sell is 500W (L05757-800).  You can contact HP Customer Support to see if they have one to sell to you.  Also, here is a HP Knowledge Base article that will explain what to consider when moving a HP motherboard to a new case.  HP has their motherboards made to their specifications.

Please click the "Yes" button if my reply was helpful and "Accept as Solution" if your problem is Solved!!

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.