Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi:

Here is the link to the BIOS update I was referring to...

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=3232104&swItemId=ir_98620_1&swEnvOid=2103

Just make sure you have the 786E1 BIOS, which you should.

HP Recommended

I just can't THANK YOU enogh Paul 🙂

Yes You're right it's 786E1 BIOS, i'll try it and hopefully come back with good news 🙂

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

I hope to read good news from you!  :generic:

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, my friend

Unfortunately i don't have any good news...Yet 😛 I've tried all versions of BIOS (even the one that You recommended and on which i had the most hope 🙂 ) except the one on which im working right now to figure out how install it since i can't do it from BIOS, and i'm a noob in all this 🙂
But i'm not giving up until the last second and what's even more funny is the fact that i've found a used dc7900 (at the same price as i've paid for this used processor 🙂 ) which btw has and supports even better processor ! 🙂 But still i feel like  a winner since i've learned a great deal about this old BIOS stuff 🙂 And i Thank You one more time for all the help and support that You gave me! 🙂

P.S. the solution for this problem is the one that i've chosen but i just had to try 😄 😛

HP Recommended

Sorry to read that you are still struggling with that issue.

I am very happy you have learned something, and that is always a valuable thing.

The dc7900 is an excellent PC. 

I have a dc7800 CMT which looks exactly the same as the dc7900, but has the older Intel series 3 chipset.

Mine has an E8300 processor and 8 GB of memory.  It still runs great.

HP Recommended
How can I solve 1801-microcode update error
HP Recommended

How does it goes? did you brick the mobo?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.