Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp envy 750 -175se P5Q80AA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi, i recently bought this awesome desktop and its my 1st after many years of laptop usage...i use 3d cad apps alot and do much rendering...this takes my system temp to abt 94 degrees celsius...my processor runs at abt 4.1ghz when this happens...will a liquid cooling system work/help my rig ?...and if yes, how do i get one installed correctly ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Chux011.  I am not an expert on liquid cooling.  This is why I suggested that you contact one of the liquid cooling manufacturers to see if they have a system that will work with your motherboard.  It is their business to know as much about other brands as possible and believe -- they do!

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Chux011, welcome to the forum.

You do have an awesome computer, but are correct in being concerned about the temperatures.  It would not be good to run it at those temps.

I have a similar computer (HP 860-170vr) with the same motherboard and chipset.  I use it for gaming and it runs very cool under the stress of some highend games with Ultra settings.  It has liquid cooling on the processor, however.

If you decide to go with liquid cooling, I suggest contacting one of the manufacturers to see if they have a system that will work with your computer.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended
Thanks for quick response. But you are saying a liquid cooling will work on my desktop ?...i looked at my board recently and found that it had 2 empty fan connectors too namely: pump fan & vrm fan. What are they? And also i got the desktop from a resseller here in lagos, nigeria, africa.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Chux011.  I am not an expert on liquid cooling.  This is why I suggested that you contact one of the liquid cooling manufacturers to see if they have a system that will work with your motherboard.  It is their business to know as much about other brands as possible and believe -- they do!

HP Recommended
Ok...thanks...and lastly, i just discovered my casing shocks a bit...is this also normal ?
HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Chux011.

The answer to your question is, NO!!!

Anytime you open the case of a computer you have to touch bare metal inside of the case to remove any Electro-Static Discharge (ESD) (Static Electricity).  In fact, you should use an Anti-static Wrist Strap:

https://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-Anti-Static-Components-RTK-002-Yellow/dp/B004N8ZQKY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UT...

I have one just like the one in the link.  You wear it on your wrist and connect it to bare metal in the case.  Also, you should never work on computers standing on carpet.  If you touch any components with ESD in your body it will destroy them.  There are numerous guides online to help you.

HP Recommended
Wow...ok...thaanks again...will research more on these...desktops are definitely not beans to maintain
HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Chux011.  They are not too difficult to work on, but you have to be careful.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.