Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 500-023w Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello very good day my question is if my pc is compatible with this card EVGA GTX 750 Ti  SC

I want to make sure before making the purchase

PC 

Intel Core i3-3240 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Foxconn
Model 2ADA

chipset Ivy Bridge

PCI Express x16 Slot

RAM 8.00GB DDR3 @ 798MHz

Intel HD Graphics Integrated

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Mark, welcome to the forum.

Yes, I believe that your motherboard should be compatible with the video card.  The card requires UEFI in the motherboard and your motherboard should have it.  Just be aware that the specifications for the card state that it only requires a power supply unit (PSU) with 300W.  Many members have reported that it is more like 400W.  You can try it with the current PSU, but if it doesn't work I suggest one made by Corsair.  I recommend at least 500W.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Mark, welcome to the forum.

Yes, I believe that your motherboard should be compatible with the video card.  The card requires UEFI in the motherboard and your motherboard should have it.  Just be aware that the specifications for the card state that it only requires a power supply unit (PSU) with 300W.  Many members have reported that it is more like 400W.  You can try it with the current PSU, but if it doesn't work I suggest one made by Corsair.  I recommend at least 500W.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended
I just installed the graphics card in the PC and runs very well. the new evga gtx 750 ti sc works well with 300 watts of power factory, just disable the integrated graphics  and it was everything. I tried some games like Far Cry 4, gta iv, cities skyline snowfall, farming simulator 15, American Truck Simulator, on ultra settings and is excellent

Thank you for your support , I made good choice with this graphic card.

Español:
Acabo de instalar la targeta grapica en la pc y corre muy bien. la nueva evga gtx 750 ti sc funciona bien con los 300 watts de poder de fabrica, solo desactive los graficos integrados  e instale los drivers desde internet y fue todo. probe algunos juegos como far cry 4, gta iv, cities skyline snowfall, farming simulator 15, american truck simulator, en ajustes ultra y va excelente

Gracias por su apoyo , hize muy buena eleccion con esta targeta grafica
HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @Markidplay.  Thank you for letting us know that the card works!  You did make a great choice.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.