Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion P6510f
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I receive the same error message several times in less than  a minute every time.  The only difference seems to be the date/time group.  I believe this happened soon after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

AMD RAIDXpert
[2016/01/20 11:01:45]
Task b0 timeout on disk (Port Number
1, Target ID 1) at LBA 0x0a0c24f00
(Length 0x0)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After trying and re-trying the BIOS changes from our previous sessions - leery of re-formating the harddrive - I got no change and even a few cold re-boots when it wanted to know what language I preferred for my keyboard (without allowing me to use my keyboard to respond, of course), I continued to search and search and found some suggesting it might be a sign that my harddrive was failing.  I started to do a back up of my files but found that I couldn't even do that because Bitlocker blocked my backups from finishing.  Off to Microsoft to learn about Bitlocker after I couldn't find anything of it on my  computer.  Microsoft said I could get the Bitlocker passward from them but alas once I got the password, they said I didn't even have Bitlocker.  Hmmmmm.  I commenced backing up my pertinent files by copying them to thumbdrives.  Several hours later, I discovered that I was no longer getting the RAIDXpert error messages, nor am I experiencing them today either.  I hesitate to say this but, though we don't know how, the problem seems to be solved.  Thank you for sharing your wisdom and knowledge, my friend.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

AJSDad, welcome to the forum.

If you don't have a RAID array on your computer, you can disable RAID in the BIOS.  If you do have RAID, you will have to rebuild it.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

How do I determine if I have a RAID array on my computer and is this related to Windows 10?

HP Recommended

If you didn't setup a RAID array, you won't have one.  RAID is "Redundent Array of Inexpensive / Independent Disks" and requires at least two hard drives.  Here are the Product Specifications for the computer.  Look at the section titled "Hard drive".  It doesn't show that you have RAID.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

I got into Setup on bootup, then the BIOS, found where RAID was mentioned, and had the choice to press ENTER at the SATA Controller Mode line.  When I did, I then had to choose between IDE, RAID, and AHCI.  Not knowing the corrrect choice, here I am.  Sorry to be a pain, but I appreciate your patience and knowledge.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information.

Let's get one thing straight -- you are not being a pain!! :Wink:  We are all here to help solve problems and educate.

I would begin by changing the setting to AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface).  This will allow you to add a SSD later if you want one.  It also should stop the popups that you are receiving.

Please let me know what happens.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your service.  I'm afraid we're not done yet.  I did as you suggested:  entered BIOS, changed the SATA Controller Mode from RAID to AHCI, and rebooted.  The results:  As Windows loaded, it informed me that it was Preparing Automatic Repair because I had an Inaccessible Boot Device.  Next, I had to choose a keyboard layout (eveything from English to Russian, etc) but had no mouse or keyboard or Control-Alt-Delete way to make a choice.  I rebooted with the on/off switch and, again, entered the BIOS and, this time, chose IDE.  Same thing happened.  Next, I returned to BIOS and chose RAID and rebooted.  This time, I noticed I could hit Control F to enter the RAID Optional ROM Utility - 2010 AMD.  I did and found the following:

Options: 

1.  View Drive Assignments:  SATA 1.5G (my hard drive, of course)

2.  Define LD:  RAID Ready, functional

3.  Delete LD:  RAID Ready, functional

4.  Controller Configuration:  AHC1  HBA  MM10  Base Address:  FE6FFC00

I didn't make any changes, just rebooted to Windows, and as I was typing this message, the RAID error messages popped up like usual.

Q#1:  Does this make any sense?

Q#2:  Could those error messages been generated by the attempted installation of an SSD?  When you mentioned SSD in your previous response, I remembered I had tried to install a "too small" SSD but ended up giving up.  I imagine I must have installed some software in that adventure.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information.

I am sorry you are having so many problems.  You should try to enter the BIOS again and choose the IDE option.  We'll keep trying different things until we run out of options or solve your problem.

HP Recommended

I tried opting for the IDE and the AHCI and both resulted in the "inaccessible boot device" message and the roadblock.  What is your response to my two questions?

HP Recommended
I made the last reply. I am awaiting a response
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.