Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 34 Curved
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought a top of the line computer and in almost all regards it is a piece of art. But the keyboard is a joke and mouse is simply not to my liking (I prefer a vertical mouse). There are no USB connections for either this toy keyboard or the mouse. I tried simply plugging in the dongles that go with my ergonomic programmable keyboard and the dongle for my Anker mouse, but they are ignored. There are no drivers required for my replacement accessories. But I got to tell you these are deal-breakers. This keyboard is worse than one stolen from a cheap laptop. I can't imagine what they were thinking.

Does anyone know how to replace this keyboard and mouse with ones I find more acceptable? I would be most grateful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@AnneInAcworth

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I Understand you've recently purchased a new HP ENVY 34 Curved (Congratulations) and you don't like the keyboard and mouse,

Which model do you have? Click here to locate your model's specifications

You get what you order, so please let me which one you've ordered and from where? was it HP shopping?

That said, If the keyboard and mouse aren't working though you've got the receiver connected to a USB 3.0 port, we can troubleshoot and find a resolution.

However, if you are only looking to replace parts as they don't match your style or preferences, you'll need to contact the store or website you got the PC from and discuss the options with them.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

@AnneInAcworth

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I Understand you've recently purchased a new HP ENVY 34 Curved (Congratulations) and you don't like the keyboard and mouse,

Which model do you have? Click here to locate your model's specifications

You get what you order, so please let me which one you've ordered and from where? was it HP shopping?

That said, If the keyboard and mouse aren't working though you've got the receiver connected to a USB 3.0 port, we can troubleshoot and find a resolution.

However, if you are only looking to replace parts as they don't match your style or preferences, you'll need to contact the store or website you got the PC from and discuss the options with them.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same question... I've just purchased the new (and fantastic) HP ENVY Curved All-in-One Desktop-34-b010qe CTO (SKU: Z9L87AV_1).  Product Number: X3B14AV.

Keep in mind that this unit has the Keyboard/Mouse Reciever built-in and those of us looking to upgrade the keyboard and mouse want a compatible product from HP that works with that built-in reciever, replacing the Keyboard/Mouse, pairing with the built-in Reciever and does not require an external USB dongle (reciever).

What HP Keyboards and Mouse products meet that criteria?  And how do you go about pairing a new Keyboard/Mouse with the PC's built-in reciever?

Thanks much for the help!

Jim

HP Recommended

Did you get any answer or any solution to the mouse/keyboard problem?

HP Recommended

Yes, you have to go through excessively difficult lengths to pry off the long panel that runs the length of the back of the PC. To get it off, the device needs to be tilted at a scary angle forward (hold one's breath if you are doing this solo). Then search for the normal looking dongle and remove it. If you are replacing that with one that controls both you new mouse and keyboard, go right ahead and stick the new one in there. Good luck replacing the panel. Mine is still lying on the desk. However, I like the 3M Wireless Ergonomic Mouse and the Logitech K350 Ergonomic keyboard. So I put one in the newly emptied USB for the keyboard and used up another for the mouse. All in all a lot of work for something that should be so simple. Maybe if I had someone else to hold the PC stable while I was doing this, I would not have "glistened" so much.

HP Recommended

I'm not sure we're talking about the same PC...  This is the one we have, the one this thread was started for:

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-envy-curved-all-in-one---34-b015t

There is no panel on the back of the PC, the only access to anything is through the bottom of the PC.  Is that what you are describing?

Thanks much!

HP Recommended

Mine is a HP ENVY 34-a150 All-in-One Desktop (Intel Core i7, 12 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD) and indeed it has a long panel that runs across the back from stand to stand. I hope my instructions help someone. I am pretty sure I am the one who started this thread.

HP Recommended

OK, you are right about starting the thread, but this is the first time posting your model number.  I'll keep searching for similar information on my particular model, which so far seems non-existant.  However, just knowing that HP is using a standard removable/plugable dongle for the wireless keyboard/mouse internally is a huge revalation, so thanks for that.  Wish HP had made it easier to change on each model.

HP Recommended

I don't see a panel on my model.  I've plugged in my old keyboard (logitech) that has a good design and used one of the USB ports for its dongle.  My HP mouse is dead, so I've ordered another mouse that is compatible (I hope) with the keyboard.  I hope this is the only thing that goes wrong with this computer, but for a computer in this price range, I would have expected a great mouse and keyboard and not a hidden dongle.  Maybe I'd suggest not hiding the dongle as even good quality keyboard can break and have to be replaced. 

HP Recommended

Completely agree with you. Keyboards and mice go bad, there ougth to be a way to replace the dongle short of surgery. I am sorry I did not post the model sooner. I thought they had two models. One with an I5 processer and own with an i7 processer. I had no idea there were a plethora of models, sincere apologies.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.