Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion HPE h8-1055sc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I recently bought a MSI GTX 1050 graphic card

my pc meets the system requirements by far , however the graphic card just wont work .

When I start the pc it never boots windows, but instead the pc makes a few “beeps “ and then turn off the graphic card.

I fear the problem is my motherboard. I have a IPISB-CH2 (Chicago) motherboard.

If anyone have any solutions as to how to get the graphics card to work with the motherboard , I would be VARY happy to hear your suggestions:smileyvery-happy:.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I already understand that you know the list, but much more of it you will not be able to place a GTX 1050 as you could see it is incompatible, the plate of yours does not support much more of a GTX 650 ..including with a version 8 update bios no more There is a GTX 750, the UEFI bios does not allow it.

The bios HP is responsible for making it not work, maybe the bus speed of the PCI port as well.

Regards.

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

HI.

Your motherboard supports these graphics:

Compatible graphics.

Regards.

☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer 

Yes I have seen the list before, however. I have been told that the list is not adequate and does not contain all the graphics cards that the motherboard will work with. I this not true? I read it in another post her at HP.

Is there really no other way then to change the motherboard ? isn’t there some sort of magi BIOS update that can fix it or something ?

HP Recommended

I already understand that you know the list, but much more of it you will not be able to place a GTX 1050 as you could see it is incompatible, the plate of yours does not support much more of a GTX 650 ..including with a version 8 update bios no more There is a GTX 750, the UEFI bios does not allow it.

The bios HP is responsible for making it not work, maybe the bus speed of the PCI port as well.

Regards.

HP Recommended
Hi neptun. Your motherboard has in LEGACY BIOS mode. The only thing you do is just convert the legacy into UEFI bios.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.