Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop PC TPE01-3000i (4M0M1AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

This is an update. I looked and the PSU is 80PlusGold for Power Supply 310W, SSD 512GB, 1TB Hard Drive. The Reno Motherboard Specifications only show the name and number no image. I did see One PCI Express Gen 3.0 x16 and One PCI Express Gen 3.0 x1 but no image pointing to out the details. For example I found Motherboard Specifications for Tampa2 that does have the image pointing to which is which but no image for Reno Motherboard on this HP site.

I don't know if this is good enough but according to LifeWire site it says the PCI Express Gen 3.0 x16 is the largest and will give you the greatest performance if it fits. The Number of Pins is 82,Length is 89mm. If it's not the size I don't know but this is what they have. I am attaching an image of my Motherboard slot.

IMG_20230527_110626403-2.jpg

Is it possible for me to Install a Small Form Factor Professional Workstation Graphic Card for Graphic Design programs, Motion Graphics, GPU-Accelerated Machine Learning-GPU-Accelerated Computing with Python. Example: AI Transcribing, and Translating Audio to Text. Also for 3D Software & video encoding with handbrake. I know I will need a Small Form Factor Graphics Card since this isn't a Desktop Tower Computer. I don't think I would have to upgrade my PSU Power Supply unless the Graphic Card PSU Recommendation is higher than what I have already have. I am looking into this NVIDIA T1000 8GB with only 50 W Max Power Consumption that supports PCI Express 3.0 x16 which this Motherboard has.

I need help from an HP Expert.  Thanks

HP ENVY Desktop PC TPE01-3000i (4M0M1AV)

Operating system Windows 11 Home 64-bit Version: 22621.1702
Microprocessor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700
System memory: 32 GB
Memory slot 1 (16GB Kingston 3200MHz)
Memory slot 2 (16GB Micron Technology 3200MHz)
System board: HP name: Reno  89B5 A (SMVB)
System BIOS: F.15
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @glenDragon 

This HP Site has your product details. No power supply details are listed. I am guessing you may have a 180 watt PSU or 310 watt PSU because the PC is using integrated Intel graphics.

Remove the side panel. Check the power supply to confirm what you have. You will probably need a power supply upgrade to install a discrete graphics card.

The MB, power supply, and case are proprietary. You cannot install a retail power supply in this case.

HP power supply availability for your PC has been very spotty lately. Check the HP Parts Store for purchase using the following parts:

-400 watt modified HP PSU.

Part number-L04618-800 SFF PSU

-L05757-800 Power Supply - GNRC PSU 500W ENT17 FR GLD

You might also find the parts at eBay or Amazon.

Check this YouTube video on upgrading a TG01 PC (power supply and graphics card upgrade). The TG01: PSU, MB, and case options are similar. 

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.