Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

my laptop was fine and suddenly the next day the keyboard stops working and the screen is very dim .I can’t barely see the screen .Ive tried using external monitors and keyboards and they work but I’m not sure what the problem is with my laptop

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Bobby550,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are facing an issue with your HP Product. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

To assist better:

• May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

The model of my computer is Hp pavilion x360 m convertible 14m-dw1023dx

HP Recommended

Hi @Bobby550 ,

Thank you for your reply, I will be glad to help you.

I understand there might be a hardware issue with your HP Pavilion x360 laptop. 

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:

• Check for Updates: Make sure your laptop's operating system and drivers are up to date. Sometimes, software updates can resolve hardware issues. Software and Drivers for HP Pavilion x360 Convertible Laptop PC 14m-dw1023dx
  • Restart Your Laptop: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix minor issues. Try restarting your laptop to see if the problem persists.
  • Adjust Brightness Settings: If the screen is very dim, it's possible that the brightness settings are turned down. Try adjusting the brightness using the keyboard shortcuts (if they work) or through the control panel.
  • Check Power Settings: Make sure your laptop is not in a power-saving mode that might be dimming the screen. You can adjust power settings in the control panel or settings menu.
  • Inspect Keyboard Connection: Since the external keyboard works, it's likely not a software issue. However, it's still worth checking the connection between the laptop's keyboard and the motherboard. If it's loose or damaged, it may need to be repaired or replaced.
  • Hardware Diagnostics: Many laptops, including HP Pavilions, come with built-in diagnostic tools. You can usually access these tools by pressing a specific key during startup (often F2 or ESC). Run a full hardware diagnostic to see if any components are failing.  HP PCs - Testing for hardware failures

Refer to this document: HP Pavilion x360 Convertible Laptop PC 14m-dw1023dx user manual

I hope this helps. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

I appreciate the help you provided but unfortunately it did not fix my problem,is it possible that its my backlight of my screen because that's what I've seen so far on the internet.

HP Recommended

Hi @Bobby550 ,

Thank you for your response, I appreciate your efforts. As the issue persists, I am sorry to hear that  This needs one-on-one interaction  I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. 

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.