Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 500-311
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ok, I wanted to get video and audio from my PC to my Samsung 46" TV. I bought an Nvidia 750 graphics board and installed it, and it worked for a couple of months. Although there were some screen freezes, they were very intermittent.  However, one day, while booting, the PC went into a loop, and I couldn't get by it. 

A computer tech I know, removed the Nvidia card, and told me it was not compatible with the PC's AMD Radeon R7 integrated graphics (AMD  A10-7800).

He said I needed to get probably a Radeon R7 based card with the HDMI port to put in the PC.

There it is.  Does anyone know which graphics card I can get to accomplish this? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JF-HP-User

Thanks for the reply.

• You can upgrade to any card that supports the PCIe x16 if the graphics card has an HDMI port of your choice.
  • You just need to make sure it supports the same PSU consumption in manufacturer website.

I realize this is a lot of things to consider, but I hope it helps,

And if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JF-HP-User

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are having issues with the graphics card and you need assistance in buying the new graphics card. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

• Your computer supports PCI Express x16 (Gen 3.0) graphic card.
  • Click here and check the Video specification in the document.

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks for replying so quick.
I downloaded this document before, and I saw that my processor is A10-7800, and it uses the Radeon R7 series video graphics. I also know that it had the pci express gen 3.0 slot available.
My problem is I don't know what attributes do I have to have on a new graphics card that will play nice with my integrated gpu, and supply me with an HDMI output port?
I have tried the nvidia made graphics card, but it eventually failed.
HP Recommended

@JF-HP-User

Thanks for the reply.

• You can upgrade to any card that supports the PCIe x16 if the graphics card has an HDMI port of your choice.
  • You just need to make sure it supports the same PSU consumption in manufacturer website.

Please mark this post as a solution and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.