Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
24-g000no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Right from the first startup I noticed the computer was unbearable loud.
I figured that it was the first setup installation and downloading updates that had the processor worked up
But after all the installations was finished and drivers for graphics and processor was updated and turning the computer settings to energy saveing mode the situation is still the same.

Is this normal for this model or does this computer have a defect? 

The fan is constantly running at around 2380-2420 speed. Is this normal? 

What CPU fan is this model using? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Xdof

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP All-in-One - 24-g000no PC and PC and it produces a loud noise. The fan is also spinning faster. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Is the fan noise coming from the fan area?
  • Is the PC overheating?
  • Do you experience lag in the performance?

This PC uses the following components for internal cooling:

• Fan - Prost21 Intel part# 863659-003
  • Fan - Prost21 Intel part# 863659-103
  • Processor Heatsink - Intel part# 863657-003

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Shutdown the PC.
  • Disconnect all cables from the PC. Including the power cable. 
  • Press and hold the PC power button for 15 seconds and then release it. 
  • Reconnect all devices and power cable and power on the PC.

Now you may observe the performance. If the issue persists then I recommend you to perform the steps as described in detail from this link.

Hope this information helps. Keep me posted. Cheers! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.